Easy Keto Pistachio Shortbread Cookies


If you and I have been hanging out here awhile, you know how much I love cookies.  They have built in portion control (unless you eat all of them 🙋 🙊) and because they are small you can try several different kinds at once instead of deciding on just one flavor of cake, pie, etc.



I think it’s the chopped pistachios that get me though – the insides of the nut pieces stay a little soft and slightly sweet, but the exposed parts get browned and toasty, which adds a phenomenal contrast to the overall experience.

EASY KETO PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Easy keto Pistachio Shortbread Cookies from Mellissa Sevigny of I Breathe Im HungrySave
Rich and buttery keto shortbread cookies, studded with sweet and toasty pistachios – coffee’s new BFF! Keto, Atkins, low carb, and gluten free too!
SevignyYield: 16 cookiesCategory: Low carb cookie recipeCuisine: Delicious

INGREDIENTS

6 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups superfine almond flour **
1/2 cup confectioner’s style erythritol sweetener **
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1 tsp vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine all of the cookie ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
Form into a long roll and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Unwrap and slice into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 12 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
NOTES
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for best results with my recipes, you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!