SALTED CARAMEL RITZ CRACKER ICE BOX CAKE


Incase you’ve been living under a rock, let me get you updated: we’re moving to New York City on Friday! As in two days. The movers took our stuff last week. We are living on air mattresses. My kids are monsters and sneak into my bed and then kick me without me knowing (until I wake up in pain). The errands I have to run are endless. The things I have to clean are endless. My friends have been stellar and are irreplaceable.



Anyways, my friend Claudia gave me this idea for an icebox cake and lo and behold, it was the freaking BOMB.

Salted Caramel Ritz Cracker Ice Box Cake
Salted Caramel Ritz Cracker Ice Box Cake is a dreamy, creamy, no-bake, salty sweet icebox cake! Perfect dessert for summer!
 Course Dessert
 Prep Time 30 minutes
 Total Time 12 hours 30 minutes
 Servings 9 servings

Ingredients

2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
48 Ritz Crackers
2/3 cup salted caramel sauce + more for garnish
whipped cream

Instructions

Line 8x8 glass baking dish with plastic wrap. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add in heavy cream, salt and vanilla and whip until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Spread 16 ritz crackers across the bottom in 3 straight lines. Add on 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Drizzle over 1/3 cup caramel sauce and repeat these layers again as follows: 16 crackers, 1/3 cream cheese mixture, 1/3 cup caramel sauce, 16 crackers, final amount of cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight. To serve, cut into pieces and top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce.