Pork Ribs Recipe ~ "Play with your food"





This pork ribs recipe is the ultimate Play with your Food dish. It was traditional in our German house and not only delicious, but FUN too. Check below for how we PLAYED with our food and the rules for it!

Although Mutti used to cook this on the stove, I like using my way how to cook ribs much better. I use a slow cooker as I find it so easy to get it ready in the morning, set it, and leave it.

I love using my new Cuisinart Slow Cooker! (I gave away my old one!)

Not only is it a slow cooker, but it's a Multicooker!

That means it can be used to quickly brown or sauté the meat (up to 400 °F) before setting it to slow cook (at various temps) ...

and there's a 'steam' option as well!

With a 24-hour timer and an automatic Keep Warmfeature, I LOVE this! Click on the photo for more information!!!!! You'll love using this, just like I do!


Pork Ribs Recipe ... the "Play with your Food" recipe!


Ingredients:
1 rack of pork ribs cut into 2-rib sections
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper
mashed potatoes (enough for 4 servings)

Instructions:
Place ribs into slow cooker.
Add water until ribs are almost covered.
Add bay leaves and about 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove bay leaves and re-season with salt and pepper.
Serve within a bed of mashed potatoes on each plate.
Serves 4