FISH AND EGGPLANT CURRY


Earlier in the year, I made this simple Thai shrimp curry that my family and I enjoyed so much. Ever since then, I have been cooking the dish regularly. When I made them again last month, I decided to replace the shrimps with two of my favorite ingredients, fish and eggplants. The result was a creamy dish that has full of flavors and textures. This dish is simple and yet satisfying!




FISH AND EGGPLANT CURRY


PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
20 mins
TOTAL TIME
30 mins
Serves: 4-5 servings

INGREDIENTS3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
4 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp fish sauce or 1 tsp salt
1 (14oz) can coconut milk
2 medium-sized Chinese eggplants
1 lb cod or other white fish fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
20 fresh Thai basil leaves

INSTRUCTIONSPrepare eggplants by removing stems, slicing in quarters lengthwise and then cutting into 2-inch pieces. Season fish cubes with ½ tsp salt.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and red curry paste. Whisk for about 30 seconds.
Stir in sugar, fish sauce or salt. Add coconut milk, continue whisking and bring to a boil.
Add eggplants, stir and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender. Add fish and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Stir in basil and serve.